Chamomile is one of the oldest herbs, whose reputation as a medical plant shows little signs of abatement. The ancient Egyptians, used Chamomile to treat several medical problems which are still used today. Chamomile is used to fight illness, promote calm and relieve anxiety at bedtime. As a tisane (herbal tea), it is naturally caffeine-free. The premium varieties of chamomile tea still continue to come from Egypt. If you have yet to try this amazing tea, you will be pleasantly surprised by its superior flavor. Chamomile is still one of the most important medical and aromatic plants grown in Egypt. The sweet calming taste of Egyptian chamomile helps to ease the mind and soothe the soul.
So what are the health benefits to chamomile tea?
· Better sleep, great relaxing and soothing properties.
· Stomach soother, eases the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, promotes elimination and assist overall digestion.
· Menstrual cramps, raises the urine level of glycine, a compound that calms muscle spasms.
· Cold Fighter, when it is consumed regularly.
So how does one make a great cup of chamomile tea?
We suggest you use 1-2 teaspoons of herbs per serving. Before infusing, moisten the flowers with a few drops of hot water to release their aroma.
Fill either a pot or a cup with boiling water (195F) and allow too steep for 2-3 minutes. Egyptian Chamomile may be infused several times by gradually increasing the steeping time. It is a great treat for you right before bedtime because it will help reduce anxiety. It is also a great Caffeine Free drink to have.
- Tea Review: Budda’s Herbs Chamomile Tea (shaihasramblings.blogspot.com)
- Health Benefits of Chamomile (funflowerfacts.com)